In honor of Thanksgiving, we’d like to dedicate this blog post to those we are thankful for. Here at Excelsior, we have so many – we are blessed to be surrounded by a community of compassionate people and organizations that help us change the lives of young girls. Inside and outside of Excelsior, we are so thankful for the outpouring of love and support we receive every day.
To name a few, we are thankful for:
- Our Girls, who have been through unthinkable tragedies in their short lives, but prove to us every day that they can overcome their pasts and do great things.
- Our Staff – over 300 dedicated and compassionate people who work tirelessly to show our girls that someone cares and that they can have a better life.
- Our Families, who work together to support Excelsior girls throughout their recovery.
- Our Board of Directors that commit themselves to making Excelsior a better place so that we can continue to change the lives of young girls and their families.
- Our Volunteers – From our canine therapists and their dedicated owners, to our mentors and done-in-a-day project volunteers, we couldn’t operate without them.
- Our Donors – Individuals and organizations that donate their time and resources to support Excelsior’s mission. During the holidays, these gifts are especially meaningful so that our girls can experience a Thanksgiving feast and have presents to open on Christmas morning.
- Our Community Partners – The organizations and foundations that collaborate with Excelsior throughout the year to support our mission, our girls and their families.
- Aurora’s Service Men and Women, who keep our campus and community safe for our girls, families and staff.
- The Catholic Order of the Good Shepherd Sisters, who brought Excelsior to life by starting a home for young girls where they could feel safe and contribute to the community.
It takes a village to raise a child and we are so grateful for our village – we couldn’t do it without you. THANK YOU.